Thursday, August 25, 2011

[update] UniMelb interview offers released! (Also UQ offers and other GEMSAS interview offers)

I just got a UniMelb interview offer, as would have been expected. It seems like the cutoff has jumped this year too, as expected, due to the increase in biomed students and science students from unimelb compared to last year.

Now I have to do well on this. I don't want a repeat from USyd, and I've been doing some preparation, but not as much as I could have. I have a midsem next week though, as I mentioned before, and assignment due soon, and a prac writeup due for a prac probably too.

UQ offers also were released today. It seems like the cutoff for an unbonded CSP is either 73 or 74 from reading forums (there hasn't been anyone with 73 who has posted yet, but someone with 74 got unbonded CSP and someone with 72 got BMP). If it's 74, then it's as I predicted; 74 to 75. As expected, I would have received a place with my score from last year. I hope the UQ (lower preference) issue is resolved so that I can get a place at UQ if I happen to get knocked back from unimelb after the interview (which isn't that far fetched due to USyd).

Anyway, that's how things are at the moment. I did an online test for one of my subjects today though, and it was very easy and I got full marks for it. Only worth 3.333% of that subject though. Or 2.5%? Not sure if there were 3 tests or 4 hmm... I thought it was 3 though.

5 comments:

  1. congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! May see you at the interviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Y and Yahvinah. I hope both your interviews go well.


    And as an update to my original post, it seems like the cutoff for UQ is 73. I got a predicted 74-75 figure by assuming there would be 25 offers for unbonded csp, and it turns out there were 40 apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking about that, I am kind of thinking, maybe I should have gone the UQ route, at least then I could have gotten a CSP and been done with this madness. Well, hopefully it will all be worthwhile in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I've thought about it before too (for over a year now haha). If UQ was my first pref... no worrying about interviews, no worrying about GPA, pick up a few Chinese language subjects to improve my ability in that area (although that said, economics and math has been pretty "fun")... might not have even repeated the GAMSAT.

    But hopefully it will be worthwhile in the end to put Melbourne first. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to discuss issues relating to the post here. However, please note that any spam, advertising, inflammatory comments or comments that can potentially identify anyone in real life may be deleted subject to my discretion.

Exception: if a poster intentionally identifies him/herself but does not compromise anyone else's anonymity, the post may not be deleted.

If anyone wants to contact me directly, please email: zero zero one one five nine five (all in numbers) AT gmail DOT com (sorry, antispam measure).