Sunday, August 14, 2011

[update] Almost missed the draft submission date for an assignment... oops

This weekend, like I said earlier, had some time spent catching up on past lectures. So I am a bit more up to date, but not completely. Ah well.

I was totally unaware that a draft copy of an assignment was going to be due on Tuesday (16 August). I only found out that there might be an assignment due soon from someone's facebook update saying they had to look up a lot of articles for some assignment. Then I checked the online blackboard/learning management system and saw that it was due on Tuesday!

It's not so bad though since the draft is only marked as pass/fail (20% of the assignment mark), but I might have started it earlier if I knew the draft was going to be due this soon. The reason I did not know though was that I can't be bothered reading the messages on the online blackboard/LMS and I think the assignment was not discussed in lectures. Looking back at my emails, it seems like I didn't receive a notice about the assignment either. I should have read the LMS properly though, but usually when I use it I just go straight to the lecture notes to print them off without reading any of the news.

Anyway, I'm about 3/4 complete as far as the minimum word count is concerned now, and I'll probably finish the rest tomorrow. Lucky I happened to read facebook though; otherwise 3% of my overall mark for that subject could be gone just like that. Usually I don't like assignments and I prefer exams as assessment, but this assignment seems to be about searching up articles in journals, so I guess it's a bit hard to make it into an exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to discuss issues relating to the post here. However, please note that any spam, advertising, inflammatory comments or comments that can potentially identify anyone in real life may be deleted subject to my discretion.

Exception: if a poster intentionally identifies him/herself but does not compromise anyone else's anonymity, the post may not be deleted.

If anyone wants to contact me directly, please email: zero zero one one five nine five (all in numbers) AT gmail DOT com (sorry, antispam measure).