Saturday, August 6, 2011

Happy fourth anniversary, Girls' Generation (소녀시대)!

Yesterday, August 5, was the anniversary of Girls' Generation's (소녀시대, SNSD) debut performance, 다시 만난 세계 (Into the new world), on August 5, 2007. At the same time though, I was a bit disheartened by the enormity of the task ahead of me to improve my interview performance because USyd decided to release the MMI scores; to be honest, my performance was very bad. But I guess I am better off with that information; it does tell me how much I need to improve.

I was sad that because of my poor interview result affecting me, I couldn't feel the excitement of the anniversary of SNSD's debut like I would have hoped at the same time. But today now that I think of Girls' Generation's debut, I remember all the hard work they needed to do; about six years of intense training before the debut, followed with a lot of ongoing work to perfect their skills. From starting at a humble beginning, to now being very dominant in K-pop, it is inspiring how they have come a long way.

I might just reflect on that for a while, and try to draw inspiration from them. I've come so far down the path of medical school admission due to the GAMSAT score, but for me there is still quite some distance to go (unless I put UQ first). The road is not always easy, but if I keep making improvements, I can keep going further. One step at a time.


To SNSD, happy anniversary. I hope that it will be Girls' Generation for a long time.

Right now it's Girls' Generation! From now on it's Girls' Generation! Forever, Girls' Generation!

지금은 소녀시대! 앞으로도 소녀시대! 영원히 소녀시대!

소녀시대 짱! 소녀시대 파이팅!

4 comments:

  1. Hey their videos are sweet & their songs are pretty catchy :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yeah a lot of their videos are like that. A few probably wouldn't be termed very "sweet" though (Run Devil Run).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even Girls Generation has to grow up sometime! That's a good song, with a more mature sound - and a very slick video. I like their cute stuff though - and now I get the 'gee gee gee gee baby baby baby' thing :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, Gee isn't my number one favorite song from them though, just the one which has a more English catch line (for a forum which is supposed to be English). The ones I like best are Kissing You and Oh!.

    소원을 말해봐 (Genie) is probably good for releasing epinephrine/adrenaline (quite mature too, without some sort of "scary" concept).

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to discuss issues relating to the post here. However, please note that any spam, advertising, inflammatory comments or comments that can potentially identify anyone in real life may be deleted subject to my discretion.

Exception: if a poster intentionally identifies him/herself but does not compromise anyone else's anonymity, the post may not be deleted.

If anyone wants to contact me directly, please email: zero zero one one five nine five (all in numbers) AT gmail DOT com (sorry, antispam measure).