Sunday, March 27, 2016

[update] Rotation 1 over; Rotation 2 week 1

Last week my first rotation of my internship was over, and I am currently one week into my second rotation. During my time in my rural general medicine rotation, I learned quite a lot of medicine, paperwork and managing intern tasks on the ward. At the start it was challenging to learn all the new tasks and procedures but you get used to it before too long. And I got in my first arterial blood gas on my last day!

It was nice to get to know the other people on the rotation far away from Melbourne. The winery nearby in particular was great! The wine tasting itself was free and we stayed for lunch.

There was quite a bit of overtime (mostly rostered but a bit unrostered) to be worked during the rotation which was tiring at times but meant more pay.


My current rotation is in ED. It was a bit challenging to learn how to use the computer system on the first day, but I have just about settled in now. It's been pretty good so far, and aside from the intern stuff and history/examination I have been able to do some plastering and suturing. No overtime in this rotation and working four days a week so I shall try to get onto writing up a journal article sometime, although for now I am making good use of my opportunity to use the piano at home which I was unable to do during long periods back in rotation 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to discuss issues relating to the post here. However, please note that any spam, advertising, inflammatory comments or comments that can potentially identify anyone in real life may be deleted subject to my discretion.

Exception: if a poster intentionally identifies him/herself but does not compromise anyone else's anonymity, the post may not be deleted.

If anyone wants to contact me directly, please email: zero zero one one five nine five (all in numbers) AT gmail DOT com (sorry, antispam measure).