Monday, February 10, 2014

[update] MD3 2014: first day back. Mental health rotation.

Today was the first day back in medicine this year for MD3. My first rotation is mental health, and I was at the Austin today. I'm not sure exactly why that was the case, because I don't think I need to go back to Austin for the rest of this mental health rotating term, but I was required to go today.

It was the first time I drove from my home to the Austin Hospital. I was a bit nervous leading up to it because I never drove completely this way before, although a large portion of the trip was familiar from other travels. Nevertheless, I managed to find out where to go without major hassle. So that was good.

Since I was there, there were a few people I met who were not from my home clinical school, so it was a good experience to catch up with them all. I also enjoyed playing table tennis on the Austin clinical school table tennis table. It nice getting back into playing table tennis after this holiday break again, and I didn't feel too out of touch.

Needless to say, being the first day in the mental health (psychiatry) rotation, there were some psychiatry lectures. This is not one of my favorite topics, but I guess I'll just have to get through it. Other rotations this year seem more exciting, so I guess that's something to look forward to.

Back for another year of medicine study!


By the way, all of you who are intending to study for the GAMSAT, there's less than six weeks left until the exam. Go and prepare for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to discuss issues relating to the post here. However, please note that any spam, advertising, inflammatory comments or comments that can potentially identify anyone in real life may be deleted subject to my discretion.

Exception: if a poster intentionally identifies him/herself but does not compromise anyone else's anonymity, the post may not be deleted.

If anyone wants to contact me directly, please email: zero zero one one five nine five (all in numbers) AT gmail DOT com (sorry, antispam measure).