Friday, September 30, 2011

[update] UniMelb interview complete!

The interviews for UniMelb and a few other unis are now complete. I wonder why GEMSAS require us to wait until 9-16 November for offers though. Ah well, that's how the system is. Now we just wait.

I thought that I went reasonably well; a lot better than USyd. Of course though, I can't be 100% sure. 100% of the questions I was asked were repeated from previous years at UniMelb though, and I was more prepared, confident and taking this interview more seriously than USyd's one in general, as I really do want to go to UniMelb. It was also good that the interviews were less long than USyd because I don't talk much, and there was no scenario overload unlike USyd.

Since all the questions were repeats though, I wonder how many people have practiced the exact same questions before just like I did. Ah well. I feel I did reasonably well, but I wonder if the interviewers felt I was too rehearsed and deducted marks because of that. I felt that five minutes was a good time though; I finished quite a few just before or on the mark. Not much surplus time waiting unlike USyd.

Anyway. Now it's up to catching up with assignments again, and catching back up with course work. Thankfully I only have three subjects. It's back to uni for a final four weeks on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to discuss issues relating to the post here. However, please note that any spam, advertising, inflammatory comments or comments that can potentially identify anyone in real life may be deleted subject to my discretion.

Exception: if a poster intentionally identifies him/herself but does not compromise anyone else's anonymity, the post may not be deleted.

If anyone wants to contact me directly, please email: zero zero one one five nine five (all in numbers) AT gmail DOT com (sorry, antispam measure).