Saturday, September 10, 2011

Definitions and Context page added

Today I decided to add a huge list of definitions of abbreviations I may use in my blog, both on the side of the blog, and on an additional page (which may be easier to read). Within the definitions, I've also aimed to provide context for a lot of what I'm talking about, which can be a bit confusing without knowing background material; especially if you don't read my blog start to finish.

Now maybe I should get ready for a surge of hits through search engines...


In other news, it seems like my 5% prac writeup submission date is extended until after the midsem break, so I won't have to worry too much if I don't want to until after the interview.

EDIT: Now I've also created a few other pages too. The "about me and this blog" has a bit more detail than my standard introduction at the top of the homepage. The other pages are mainly for convenience if you don't like scrolling down on my homepage and reading a small section to the side.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realise how much jargon and how many acronyms I'd learnt in the past year until I read your list (and knew just about everything on it). Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I thought people who were new should get a quick crash course on the background behind my blog posts. The most confusing one though is probably "UQ (lower preference) issue", because it's a term I coined myself haha.

    Not wanting to explain it every time I wanted to mention about it was a main reason for writing this list. I thought the rest would be pretty informative too (apart from 소녀시대 maybe, although I put them on the list because I mentioned about them in two posts already).

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to discuss issues relating to the post here. However, please note that any spam, advertising, inflammatory comments or comments that can potentially identify anyone in real life may be deleted subject to my discretion.

Exception: if a poster intentionally identifies him/herself but does not compromise anyone else's anonymity, the post may not be deleted.

If anyone wants to contact me directly, please email: zero zero one one five nine five (all in numbers) AT gmail DOT com (sorry, antispam measure).