Friday, July 29, 2011

[update] No USyd offer. Have to practice more for Melbourne.

The USyd medicine offers were released a lot earlier than expected today. Unfortunately, I didn't get one. I didn't apply for BMP though, only unbonded CSP. That said, there has been no mention of anyone who was on a "waitlist" on the forums, so it is possible that people will get offers after rejection in the future as people decline USyd offers for some on the GEMSAS consortium.

Anyway, I wasn't that confident out of the interview, so that wasn't too unexpected. I guess I'll have to work more on skills before Melbourne though. That interview offer may come out in a few weeks. It's good that I have had practice, although the bad thing is that I have not much of a safety net anymore, if the UQ issue is not resolved. Ah well, I did not really expect to have this experience anyway in the first place, and Melbourne has always been the aim. So I'll just let this experience guide me hopefully to a stronger performance in a Melbourne interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to discuss issues relating to the post here. However, please note that any spam, advertising, inflammatory comments or comments that can potentially identify anyone in real life may be deleted subject to my discretion.

Exception: if a poster intentionally identifies him/herself but does not compromise anyone else's anonymity, the post may not be deleted.

If anyone wants to contact me directly, please email: zero zero one one five nine five (all in numbers) AT gmail DOT com (sorry, antispam measure).