Friday, June 3, 2011

UQ (lower preference) issue: possible resolution?

Someone has informed me that UQ has updated their page about what happens after application. http://www2.som.uq.edu.au/SOM/FUTURESTUDENTS/MBBS/ADMISSIONS/DOMESTICSTUDENTS/IVEAPPLIED/Pages/default.aspx

Notably, now there is direct reference to a second round of offers after the other universities have interviews. To quote:


"The University of Queensland's offers will be released in the week of 25-31 August, 2011.  QTAC will be contacting the...

At the end of the year (mid December) when the other graduate medical schools' interviews have taken place and their offers have been released, subsequent offers may be made for The University of Queensland."


Of course, whether the issue is really resolved would depend on if they still decide to try to fill their quota from the first round, or if they actually do try to leave places for the second round. In any case, I'm not relying on this, and I do want to get into Melbourne anyway. This "UQ issue" would have been resolved definitively if they pulled out of the consortium like USyd did though.


Anyway... back to study.

10 comments:

  1. hello i am kinda fan of you and i was wondering if i can join you or your group for interview prep..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm maybe. I haven't started preparing yet though, due to exams, and I haven't formed a group with anyone yet to prepare. Do you go to unimelb by any chance?

    It would be a bit freaky meeting people from online though if you didn't go to unimelb though haha (not intended to cause offense of course). By the way, you might be able to find interview practice partners on the Paging Dr website (a forum for graduate entry medicine) if you don't already know about it. At the moment they have barred new members until after 10 June (GMAC application close) though. http://pagingdr.net/forum/index.php

    Good luck for your application this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah i am attending Uni of Melb at the moment.
    I am too waiting for the semester exam to end so that i can start interview prep.
    I wish I can register on the forum asap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah I see, won't be too freaky to meet up then I guess lol; we probably have a few friends in common then. Anyway, I have now posted my email both on my profile here and under the "post a comment" section if you want to contact me in private. Alternatively, you could wait until you can open up an account in paging dr and pm me there if you manage to find me. You'd need 25 posts first to pm though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh ok until i can pm u, i will use the email address to contact you (probably after the exams.. mine ends on 20th of June... )

    ReplyDelete
  7. 진짜? 한국인? 저는 소녀시대 너무 좋아요! (sorry, I don't know very much lol)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was thinking that I might want to go back and put UQ down as a #4 preference just in case, but MOST likely they will have already given out all of the CSPs by 2nd round, so I would be left with a crummy spot anyway. I think my energy would be much better spent practising for interview, well continuing that is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a wonderful article, Given so much info in it, These type of articles keeps the users interest in the website, and keep on sharing more ... good luck. rmit blackboard

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to discuss issues relating to the post here. However, please note that any spam, advertising, inflammatory comments or comments that can potentially identify anyone in real life may be deleted subject to my discretion.

Exception: if a poster intentionally identifies him/herself but does not compromise anyone else's anonymity, the post may not be deleted.

If anyone wants to contact me directly, please email: zero zero one one five nine five (all in numbers) AT gmail DOT com (sorry, antispam measure).