Tuesday, November 27, 2012

GPA... GAMSAT... Interview...: 2 years on.

Like I alluded to a few days ago, it's now two years since I started up the blog. And a lot has happened in the past year! I have started and completed the first year of my Medicine course. I have met new people in the course, while there have been many familiar faces staying on from Biomedicine like myself.


For some reason my blog pageviews graph is a bit weird. Where it says 2010 it should be 2011 and 2009 should be 2010. Nevertheless, I'm surprised with the upward trend on blog views. Back at the start of last year, I was getting just above 100 views per month. Now I usually get more than that in a day! I was right last year when I thought that blog views would drop off after November (GEMSAS offer month), but the upward trend meant that by April (3006) this year the pageviews were higher than November last year (2763), and has stayed above that level ever since.

I've also noticed a change in the referrals. Up until the beginning of this year, most of the referral traffic was coming from Paging Dr. Nowadays, most of it is coming from Google. So I guess I'm climbing up the search rankings in terms of GAMSAT or medicine the more I blog and the more people click on the link.

Anyway, it's been a good year learning all the stuff. Next year I will be at St Vincent's Hospital for my clinical school. I hope you have enjoyed reading this blog, and I hope you enjoy reading it into the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to discuss issues relating to the post here. However, please note that any spam, advertising, inflammatory comments or comments that can potentially identify anyone in real life may be deleted subject to my discretion.

Exception: if a poster intentionally identifies him/herself but does not compromise anyone else's anonymity, the post may not be deleted.

If anyone wants to contact me directly, please email: zero zero one one five nine five (all in numbers) AT gmail DOT com (sorry, antispam measure).