Friday, February 10, 2012

[update] Foundation week is over.

Today marks the end of foundation week for UniMelb medicine. After today, there will be a lot more to learn again.

During foundation week, there were a few interesting experiences to be had. The clinical visit was somewhat interesting to see the doctor interaction with patients, but since I just started medicine, I didn't get to do much.

Some of the rest of the week I didn't find as interesting though, although they were things you'd sort of expect to find during uni orientations about support services and all that. We had to fill in a form for feedback on the foundation week, but although I didn't find certain parts of it interesting, I didn't think that I should make too much comment about it, because those parts would still seem "necessary" for orientation. I really don't know how they can present certain things in a more interesting way either.

So as a result, the comments on my feedback form probably weren't that helpful. I didn't even write my main comments in English. And if they did decide to translate it, it wouldn't be relevant to orientation week at all.


Written:

지금은 소녀시대! 앞으로도 소녀시대! 영원히 소녀시대!

(Right now it's SNSD! From now on it's SNSD! SNSD forever!)

순리에 맞춰 사는 것 넌 길들여져 버렸니? 괜찮니?
암담한 세상이 그댈 주눅들게 만드니? 괜찮니?

(Lyrics from The Boys-SNSD:
Living according to reason Have you gone soft? Are you okay?
Has this gloomy world intimidated you? Are you okay?

Credits: soshified taengbear & minigiglo for lyric translation)

Anyway, I think next week will probably be more interesting. Back to learning more biosciences again! There will also be a dinner next week celebrating 150 years of teaching Medicine at the University of Melbourne; the oldest medical school in Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to discuss issues relating to the post here. However, please note that any spam, advertising, inflammatory comments or comments that can potentially identify anyone in real life may be deleted subject to my discretion.

Exception: if a poster intentionally identifies him/herself but does not compromise anyone else's anonymity, the post may not be deleted.

If anyone wants to contact me directly, please email: zero zero one one five nine five (all in numbers) AT gmail DOT com (sorry, antispam measure).