Sunday, December 4, 2011

Exam day (poem)

I get off at Parliament today,
Not MC* like for uni,
Today's more important than usual;
The test of our ability.

All the hard work is remembered as
I walk up the longer escalator**,
Lactic acid building up in my legs,
But I press on; I will rest later.

I finally reach the end and walk,
I hear the Myki*** reader beep,
Then go outside, and see more stairs,
Two steps at a time, I leap.

The street ahead is different today,
The RACS on the left I pass,
"Will I join them in the future?"
Is something I always ask.

The sun is very bright today
As I head to the REB****,
Then I see my classmates there
Revising under a tree.

I later put away my bag
in some storage facility.
Invigilator calls us in;
The crowd goes in quickly.

Inside there, I'm on my own
I try to work efficiently,
After two hours, the deed is done,
And I leave the facility.

A few weeks pass then I will know,
Whether to cry or jump in glee.
N, P, or H2B
H2A, H1, or H3*****?



Yes, it's the first poem I have written on this blog. Not very high quality though, but there it is.

*Melbourne Central railway station; closest railway station to UniMelb
**Parliament station escalators are longer than ones in Melbourne Central.
***Electronic ticketing system (smart card) used in Melbourne public transport.
****Royal Exhibition Building, where a lot of UniMelb exams are held; closest to Parliament railway station.
*****Melbourne Grading System  (alternate link; original link may be broken. Bands for each grade also shown in GEMSAS guide for GPA calculation)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to discuss issues relating to the post here. However, please note that any spam, advertising, inflammatory comments or comments that can potentially identify anyone in real life may be deleted subject to my discretion.

Exception: if a poster intentionally identifies him/herself but does not compromise anyone else's anonymity, the post may not be deleted.

If anyone wants to contact me directly, please email: zero zero one one five nine five (all in numbers) AT gmail DOT com (sorry, antispam measure).