Sunday, November 20, 2011

[update] One more exam for biomed

In the past week, I completed two of my three exams this semester. The coming Thursday, I have my final exam for biomed.

The past two exams I think went reasonably well, despite being 100% essay type questions (the biomed compulsory subject this semester had about 50% of the questions being knowledge of pharmacology, so that was good for grades for me due to my major, but not really good for learning new things). The next exam will be 100% essay questions too. I wonder why the pharmacology department likes essay type questions for third year subjects, while the second year pharmacology subject had 50% essays, 50% multiple choice.

Anyway, I'm about half way going through the lecture notes now for this last subject, and when I'm finished with that, I'll start doing some past exams. This subject, along with the other subjects this semester, thankfully has full past exams released.

But my hand gets sore around exam time when I have to write all these essays. Typing, or coloring in MC bubbles, is a lot easier.

1 comment:

  1. Essay questions rule! :) Good luck - will send many good thoughts your way on Thursday- for all the help that will be - but you know what I mean! = Will be hoping it goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to discuss issues relating to the post here. However, please note that any spam, advertising, inflammatory comments or comments that can potentially identify anyone in real life may be deleted subject to my discretion.

Exception: if a poster intentionally identifies him/herself but does not compromise anyone else's anonymity, the post may not be deleted.

If anyone wants to contact me directly, please email: zero zero one one five nine five (all in numbers) AT gmail DOT com (sorry, antispam measure).