Friday, April 22, 2011

[update] Midsemester break! GAMSAT results wait 50% complete!

Today is the first day of the midsemester break, which lasts for one week. It is nice to have a break once in a while, due to the fast paced nature of university, although I'd be too bored if a break was too long. I don't think I'd ever be able to take a gap year!

I just received all my midsemester test results. I'm relatively happy with how they went; all 80%+ by varying degrees, but less than 90%. I just hope I can repeat that in the exam. One of the tests had a class average of 75% though (the multiple choice one) and that was the one I did best in, so I don't think the exam would be that easy. However, the other two had class averages of 50% and 56%, so maybe they were better indicators. If the exam was hard though and no scaling, it would affect the academic record. Of course, that is just speculation, but differences in grading standards and subject difficulty is one reason why GPA is not entirely fair when comparing different courses, although it is the best predictor of medical school performance in the Australian environment, due to the GAMSAT being suboptimal (slight digression there I guess from my original topic).

After the break though, I'll have another midsemester test (again worth 20%). Then there will be exams.

Anyway, so about half the wait for GAMSAT results is over. 50%! So it's all downhill from here. To wait the same amount of time from the GAMSAT until now again, and the results will be out. Of course though, I'd like my results as soon as possible.

So that's about it for the update for now. Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to discuss issues relating to the post here. However, please note that any spam, advertising, inflammatory comments or comments that can potentially identify anyone in real life may be deleted subject to my discretion.

Exception: if a poster intentionally identifies him/herself but does not compromise anyone else's anonymity, the post may not be deleted.

If anyone wants to contact me directly, please email: zero zero one one five nine five (all in numbers) AT gmail DOT com (sorry, antispam measure).