Saturday, March 8, 2014

[update] two more weeks in mental health rotation

I have spent four weeks in the mental health rotation so far, with two more to go. Many of the doctors I have observed in the psychiatry rotation are very nice and seem to do a good job. However, I don't feel like this is the specialty for me.

In this rotation, we need to get a list of tasks signed off. This is proving to be quite annoying indeed. Many of these patient encounters are touch and go. However, I can understand the thinking of those making this list in wanting us to get a minimum amount of exposure to tasks.

Anyway, it seems like I have a mini-CEX next week and one the week after. I hope they go well. I'll probably give another update when this rotation finishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to discuss issues relating to the post here. However, please note that any spam, advertising, inflammatory comments or comments that can potentially identify anyone in real life may be deleted subject to my discretion.

Exception: if a poster intentionally identifies him/herself but does not compromise anyone else's anonymity, the post may not be deleted.

If anyone wants to contact me directly, please email: zero zero one one five nine five (all in numbers) AT gmail DOT com (sorry, antispam measure).