Monday, January 9, 2012

[update] MD conditional offer turned into firm offer.

A few days ago, my MD conditional offer was turned into a firm offer, and I was notified through email. It was something I expected to happen, since my GPA after 3 years was almost identical to just after semester 1 of third year (decrease by 0.01 points under the way I think they calculate it), but confirmation is always good.

My Working With Children Check card also came by mail recently, which is good.

Right now, I'm up in Queensland. I'm planning to check out a few medical schools (UQ, Griffith, Bond) among other things. I'm actually in UQ Ipswich right now to see what all the fuss is about. There's plants inside the library haha.


Meanwhile, in admissions related news, GEMSAS seems to have released a few more offers within the past few days.

2 comments:

  1. It'd be great to hear what you think of UQ Ipswich in a blog post at some stage if you feel like writing it.

    How long did your WWC card take to arrive (approx) after you put in your paperwork? I'm waiting for mine, though not confident of receiving it by 6 Feb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to tell a med school just by its buildings. I saw nothing "wrong" with the buildings themselves. However, of course, the more important thing about any type of education is what is taught and how well it is taught (maybe proponents of self-directed learning may argue that "self-directed" is best, but I dispute that).

    There's no way to tell this by just looking at the buildings, but I see no reason to think that the teaching is worse than at St Lucia. "All the fuss" was probably about Ipswich being further from most peoples' houses than St Lucia, and I guess the fuss was to be expected.

    My WWC card took about 3 weeks I think.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to discuss issues relating to the post here. However, please note that any spam, advertising, inflammatory comments or comments that can potentially identify anyone in real life may be deleted subject to my discretion.

Exception: if a poster intentionally identifies him/herself but does not compromise anyone else's anonymity, the post may not be deleted.

If anyone wants to contact me directly, please email: zero zero one one five nine five (all in numbers) AT gmail DOT com (sorry, antispam measure).