Monday, March 21, 2011

[update] GAMSAT next week o.o

Not long to go now, GAMSAT is on 26 March! From the newly released practice test 2 from ACER, and some random ones off the internet, it seems like my humanities and science knowledge (wrt the GAMSAT) have not declined (and humanities if anything may have improved slightly). I think my writing has improved a bit too; last year I did no planning for my essays and only had some vague intro-something-conclusion structure in mind, but now I have implemented a planning process and think of that "something" as a thesis-antithesis-synthesis.

That said, even though I don't think my science ability has declined, I still do not know if I will score as high as I did last year for that section. I feel I might have gotten a bit lucky with respect to the questions for S3 playing to my strengths that year. I feel this since it has often been commented by others that the real test is harder than the practice tests (at least before practice test 2 came out at the end of last year), but I actually found the section three of 2010 easier than the section 3 of any of the ACER practice tests for some reason...

Anyway, I'll just hope I get lucky again for that section, and get good essay topics. And I hope I can get a slightly better score overall this time. But if not, it'll be a bit disappointing, but not the end of the world. A bit less of a safety margin though and some ~$400 worth of investment down the drain. Why I (and my parents) thought it was worth going for it again though was because that money is hardly anything compared to the salary of a doctor for one year, so by reasoning it'd be well worth it if it just increases the probability of getting into Melbourne, hopefully with a CSP unbonded in Metro 1 (it seems like clinical placement preferences are given first to those with higher overall ranking on the applicant list), by a few percent.


That's all for now.

nucleophilic addition-elimination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to discuss issues relating to the post here. However, please note that any spam, advertising, inflammatory comments or comments that can potentially identify anyone in real life may be deleted subject to my discretion.

Exception: if a poster intentionally identifies him/herself but does not compromise anyone else's anonymity, the post may not be deleted.

If anyone wants to contact me directly, please email: zero zero one one five nine five (all in numbers) AT gmail DOT com (sorry, antispam measure).