Saturday, February 12, 2011

[update] Semester 1 starts in just under 2 weeks! Looking at the year ahead...

 So, this year is my last year of my course, assuming that I do not fail any subjects. Semester one is starting very soon! And the GAMSAT is quite close too (26 March). Yes, I've decided to do the GAMSAT again, since UQ is not going to be my first preference. Buffer against other aspects of the application.

I've hardly done GAMSAT study yet though this year; nothing apart from helping others do a few questions (although I wrote 2 essays and tried to get better planning technique strategy since GAMSAT last year). That said, before last GAMSAT, I didn't do anything apart from the 3 ACER books out at the time (not even relearning good essay technique o.o... almost failed that section) and got a reasonably good overall score.

Anyway, I do plan to start preparing for GAMSAT soon. Probably the free practice tests from internet, and the new practice test ACER just released. Just hoping for a reasonable improvement for minimal effort this time around. Hopefully it doesn't bite me.

Then of course there's the interview this year too... Gotta prepare for it... I hope they ask me to detechnicalize a kilojoule haha.


In other news, seems like they've let us choose 6 preferences this year to apply to uni! I don't really mind that; I guess it's good. Definitely good that we probably don't have to submit transcripts this time though. However, the one thing that I hope they'd do is to resolve the "UQ issue". That is, right now UQ releases offers in August (as they have no interview), about the same time that other unis release interview offers, and 2 months before place offers. However, they don't leave many (or any) "second round" places, so people with high GAMSAT scores which aren't ranked highly for whatever reason in other schools after the interview, if they didn't put UQ first, may miss out on spots. Or maybe, just maybe, unimelb remove the interview? haha ;).

So that's the update for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to discuss issues relating to the post here. However, please note that any spam, advertising, inflammatory comments or comments that can potentially identify anyone in real life may be deleted subject to my discretion.

Exception: if a poster intentionally identifies him/herself but does not compromise anyone else's anonymity, the post may not be deleted.

If anyone wants to contact me directly, please email: zero zero one one five nine five (all in numbers) AT gmail DOT com (sorry, antispam measure).